Featured Post

Interview with Lucifer Aren Caeleste

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Art School Portfolio Piece

I created this piece over a decade ago while attending Full Sail University. The assignment was to choose a photograph provided to us and reinterpret it as we saw fit. I used ink, marker & colored pencil for the piece.

I can’t remember the location of the photograph I used, but something about the architecture made me think of WW2 and the Holocaust. When I presented my drawing to my instructor he asked me why had I chosen that theme and if I knew where the photograph was taken that inspired me. I told him that I was unfamiliar with the location of the photograph and that the architecture made me think of the Holocaust.

After I gave my response my instructor told me that the photograph was taken at a well known & prestigious German university. At the time, I didn't give it much consideration but I thought it was an interesting coincidence. Little did I know, back then, where my life was headed or how in tune I was with the world around me.